There are many sides to any story, and I’m determined to discover every one of them! I believe that everyone has a story to tell, failure is the best way to find success, and every day can bring you great adventure. You just have to know how to recognize it! I believe that creativity is the cornerstone of life, and I am known among my children's friends as "the one with all the stories to tell." I'm an incurable optimist who loves grey, drizzly days, because that's when rainbows come out to play. I'm a writer of children's books, a graphic designer, and a freelance marketing consultant. I'm known for my off-the-wall Halloween costumes, original cookie recipes, and Crock Pot Gourmet creations. And I knit purses and other accessories out of recycled plastic grocery bags and old video tapes.
My debut novel, TWELVE STEPS (a YA contemporary romance) was released in March 2014 (the paperback edition released in May 2016). My debut picture book, THE PRINCESS AND THE FROGS (a fractured fairy tale) came out on November 15, 2016 from Balzer + Bray (Harper Collins).
I'm the Assistant Regional Advisor for the MD/DE/WV region of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and the Read Local Challenge Coordinator for SCBWI MD/DE/WV/VA/DC. I was a member of the OneFourKidLit debut group of authors and the Y Knot Knitters. And I'm a Mormon.
* How Living with a Brain Tumor Makes me a Better Person and Writer (DiversifYA Blog)
* 3 Cool Facts That You Might Not Already Know About Me (One Four Kid Lit Blog)
* My Favorite Scene in TWELVE STEPS (Y.A. Reads - 2014 Debut Author Intros, Episode 6)
* Why I Write What I Do (My Writing Process Blog Hop Answers)
* How I Almost Talked Myself Out of Being a Writer Several Times (Michelle4Laughs - It's in the Details: Getting the Call)
* How I Came up with the Title for TWELVE STEPS (Literature and Laura)
* Authors who Have Influenced my Work (Jen McConnel's Writers on Wednesday)
* How the Most Devastating Feedback I Ever Received was the Best Thing for my Writing Career (Sub It Club Success Story)
* About Being an Introverted Writer in a Very Extroverted World (Talk Writing Google+ Hangout on Air with Jessica Sinsheimer, Connor Goldsmith and Elizabeth Flora Ross)